Liberal Arts Core Curriculum
The Santa Fe University of Art and Design liberal arts core curriculum provides the foundation for a successful baccalaureate education. Students learn the vital skills that will help them succeed in the academic world and beyond:
- Critical thinking
- Effective communication
- Productive research methods
- A community and professional ethic
- An appreciation of diversity
All undergraduate students, regardless of degree program, must complete the 36-credit liberal arts core curriculum. The Academic Catalog details the requirements by academic year and provides a list of courses that meet the Distributive Core as well as the Cultural Diversity and Ethical Responsibility requirements.
• Seniors take a Cultural Diversity Course, which is designed to help students become thoughtful citizens through an understanding and appreciation of cultural diversity. Course options include art history, history, literature, film, music, religion, psychology, sociology, and other pertinent areas of study.
• Seniors also take an Ethical Responsibility Course to explore right action as students move out into the world. The focus of this requirement is to nurture ethical responsibility on personal, professional, civic, environmental, and global levels.
View Academic Calendar